Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Tigers at Cougar Mountain Zoo

A while ago I discovered the tigers Taj and Almos at the Cougar Mountain Zoo in Issaquah. I met the zoo's director Robyn, and yesterday we were talking about Taj and Almos.

The Zoo is in the middle of a construction project to build an much larger outdoor enclosure for the 2 existing tigers and hopes to get 2 more cubs later this year. Due to the rising construction costs and the economy, they are still short around $40,000 to ensure the completion of the project. The new enclosure will be better for these 2 growing young tigers, and will leave the existing space for the new cubs.

I would love to help them in some small way. If anyone reading this would like copies of any of my photographs (full resolution), I am happy to trade them for a donation to the zoo.






No comments: